Continuing Education Credits: This program has been approved and awards CEC’s for the following organizations:
ACE- 0.8, NASM-0.8, NFPT-1.0, AFAA-0.8, NCSF-7, NSCA-0.8, PTAG-pending, NCCPT-pending
If your organization is not listed above, you can submit this program as required by your organizations policies and procedures in applying for CEC Credits.
- Identify the anatomy of a joint.
- Explain sensory organ function during a stretch.
- Identify alterable and non-alterable factors that limit flexibility.
- List 5 benefits of a flexibility program.
- Assess when a stretching may be contraindicated.
- Perform a seven point full body flexibility assessment.
- Demonstrate a full body PNF routine using all three methods taught in this course.
- List the differences between PNF and AIS principles.
Class Schedule (Hours may vary based on location)
8:30 – 9:00
9:00 – 10:30
Anatomy of a Stretch (PowerPoint Presentation)
10:30 – 10:45
10:45 – 12:30
Assessment PowerPoint display and active participation by all attendees
12:30 – 1:00
Stretching Methods, Protocols and Contraindications
1:00 – 3:00
Active demonstration and participation of PNF techniques
3:00 – 3:15
3:15 – 5:30
Active demonstration and participation of AIS techniques
5:30 – 6:00
Conclusion lecture and take home exam distribution